Sunday, May 29, 2011

FSS Gerbera Daisy in a Jar

One of my favorite flowers is a Gerbera Daisy. When I saw these colored images by FredSheSaid, I knew I had to create something with them. How fun would it be to receive a whole set of cards made with these designs?! Once again My Mind's Eye papers were perfect for this image!

When I was making this card, I commented to my artistic son that all my cards are starting to look alike...bottom 1/3, top 2/3, with knotted ribbon. He said "well change it up and do something different then" LOL! So I punched a hole in the image piece and tied a bow instead of the knot that I usually do.

When I was headed to take a picture he says "you aren't going to leave it like that are you? It needs something on the other side to balance it out". So, I came up with the idea to add this parenthesis element that I cut with my Cricut. I'm so glad he said something because I love how it turned out.
It's hard to tell in the picture, but I added brown glitter to the center of the flower and Crystal Effects to the jar.

I decided to use up the scraps I had from this card and make a matching notepad. I had printed off two images, so was able to use it on the notepad as well.

4 comments:

  1. So stunning, Debbie...and your coloring is perfection!! I love your added sparkle and CE!! Great idea to make a matching notepad as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful Debbie! I love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! this is fantastic! I really like the extra touches with the glitter and the bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect set, great inspiration for different things to make withthe image!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete