Sunday, November 6, 2016

Peppermint Gable Box

Can you believe it is only a few weeks until Christmas? I've really struggled with the time sneaking up on my this year since I was laid up with an injured ankle that refused to heal for several months. But regardless, Christmas will be here soon and Regina's challenge for the DT this week was a perfect chance to create some fun boxes for goodies for friends and family.
The Gable Box Template and Cutting File comes with assorted window options or no window as I have done here. Regina has the files so that you can cut 2 large pieces to put together to make a large box or one whole piece on one sheet of 12" x 12" (which is created so that you can cut 2 boxes out at once).

I cut 3 pieces for the bottom and glued them together to make a strong base to hold whatever I put inside. I'm thinking some peppermint Hershey Kisses or Ghiradelli chocolates would be a fun treat. Maybe some peppermint tea too.
Because of the thickness of my bottom piece, I put it to the inside and glued the flaps to it, rather than gluing it to the bottom of the flaps.

 I went with an all red and white peppermint theme and used the smaller box file. This box measures 3" wide x 2.5" deep x 3.5" tall. While I had my Silhouette out, I cut several boxes with different Christmas cardstock (both large and small), so I will be showcasing those later as I get them all decorated.

Be sure to visit the Cutting Cafe Blog on the 7th and 21st of every month to see the design team's projects in which you can leave a comment to be entered into a drawing to win 3 FREE sets of your choice from the online store.

1 comment:

  1. I AM SCREAMING LOVE IT....wow love this theme for peppermints..

    ReplyDelete