Monday, May 9, 2011

Bloom Where You Are Planted

This lovely image is an older image from Designed2Delight's called Teapot Cheer. The sentiment is from their Bloom Grow Dream set.


I was going for a kind of Mary Englebreit look. She is known for her red, yellows and black and I thought these colors would accent the blue teapot nicely.

I used Jillibean and SU! patterned papers and Nestibilites dies and EK Success border punch.

It's hard to see in the pictures, but I used Dimensional Magic on the cherries. I also made French knots in each of the flowers. I love how this looks IRL!
I made a yellow yo-yo and layered one of my crocheted flowers on top and a button on top of that.

I thought you might like to see some pictures of the beautiful BLOOMS going on at our farm.
Here are some blooms on our pear tree


Crab Apple Tree: This is the first time in 19 years that our crab apple tree didn't bloom on May Day! It's just now blooming. The blooms only last about 5 days and then they all fall off, but it is gorgeous while they are on. I even cut some and brought them inside.

Apple Trees: I love the pink tinted edges

Cherry Trees:



Tulips:

Strawberries:

Some pretty wild flowers that grow up against the house: They are probably weeds, but they are pretty just the same

And the dandelions are even growing now! They will soon be killed.
Hope you have a lovely blooming day! Ü

4 comments:

  1. Debbie this is an adorable card! I love those colors too, and your flower pics are really nice :)
    Our flowering trees are just starting to pop,it's been too cool.
    tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, Debbie, Debbie...this is precisely why you are my Idol. French knots? OMGoodness! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such and adorable card! love the ME look!
    so very jealous that you have beautimous flowers already! I'm just thrilled that the leaves are FINALLY popping here!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty, happy cards you've made here, Debbie!! I love the image and your french knots are perfect for the flower centers!! Thanks for showing all of the pretty blooms around as well!! So happy the warmer weather is here!! :D

    ReplyDelete