Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just For You

It is time for another Tombow Blog Hop. This month we are pairing up with Penny Black. I received some fun goodies from Penny Black to play with! Did you know they have paper? The DT rec'd some fun bright colors of paper as well as several fun stamps.

This month Tombow's product feature is Dual Brush Pens as well as Fastener Tabs. My card is a simple one that anyone can put together, but has some fun features using Tombow's Dual Brush Pens that I wanted to share with you.
For the main image, I colored Penny Black's Reverie (just color the rubber with the brush tip pens) with Tombow's Dual Brush pens. For the "stem" I used #977. Then I colored the "berries" with #452 (a light aqua) and then "pounced" with #443 (a darker aqua) and #296 (a blue green color) to give the berries a multi colored look. Then you need to "huff" (this is warm moist air that will help the color on the rubber stamp) and stamp onto your cardstock.

With color #026 (an antique gold) I colored Penny Black's Letter Background stamp and stamped right over the Reverie image.

I colored the Reverie stamp again with #098 (olive) and stamped off onto scrap paper once and then onto the olive cardstock. I wanted the color to be subtle, but give the solid cardstock some pattern without taking away from the main image.
For the "plaid" on the aqua cardstock, I took my brayer and sat it on the table so that I could "spin" the rubber roller. Then I took 4 Tombow Dual Brush pens #452, 443, 026, 076, and while turning the rubber roller, I held the brush tip of the pen to the roller to add several stripes alternating the colors. Then I "huffed" on the roller and rolled it onto the cardstock. I repeated the process and rolled in the opposite direction to make a plaid pattern.

I finished the card off by adding a bow with some Jillibean ribbon, Jillebean "just for you" sticker, and Tombow Foam Pads to pop up the stamped image.

Be sure to stop by Penny Black's blog and Tombow's Blog this week to see what both DT's created with this month's pair up.

Stop by tomorrow and I will show you another project using other Penny Black stamps I received and Tombow's Dual Brush Pens and Fastener tabs.

6 comments: