Sunday, May 15, 2011

Yummy Cupcake

Regina Easter has designed some DARLING cupcake images and cut files. She challenged the Cutting Cafe DT to create any project with a cupcake theme. Tomorrow on the Cutting Cafe Blog she will be featuring all our projects so be sure to stop by and oooohhh and ahhhhh over all the lovely projects. Not only can one winner win ANY 3 sets from the cutting cafe from the monthly inspiration random draw, but Regina is also having a buy one get one free of lessor or equal value through Wednesday!!

I *LoVe* this cut file called Cupcake Holder. You can create a box to hold one or two cupcakes. It is soooo easy to create. I used my Make the Cut program where you hook your Cricut up to the computer to cut your projects. Easy peasie!

I used SU! patterned paper that I had won in my friend Bridget's blog candy awhile back. The bottom is cut with some aqua paper that I had on hand, don't know the company of it.

For the tag I used two digi sets All About Cupcakes where I cut and colored one of the mini cupcakes and then adhered it to a tag from All Occasion Tag set. I printed the tag on the reverse side of the cupcake box lid which is the yellow.


The box lid has a circle hole that cuts out so you can fit a cupcake right down in it. I finished the box by tying a bow around it using my vintage rayon seam binding and adding the tag with a quilter's pin. With my wire tool I curled the end of the pin so no one would get poked. (okay, so mainly me LOL!)

This was so quick and easy to make and I've decided that this would be so much fun to make for the teachers I work with next year for their birthday. This one is going to go to the school nurse tomorrow. Hopefully she doesn't read this before school so it will be a surprise. Ü

9 comments:

  1. oh yes i love it and you know what i love the most is that the cupcake holder box is not matching the tag and it goes so well...this is one yummy project girl...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project Debbie! I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET! That's a gift that would brighten anyones day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! This project is so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Debbie, what a fabulous project. Love your choice of paper and what a perfect touch the tag adds. I'm really looking forward to working with you as part of the Design Team for The Cutting Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect setting with a yummy cupcake. Love that box and tag.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your box is so pretty - love the paper you chose! And your tag is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...great project! This lovely mini tag is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, my yummnes!! Methinks you should deliver one to ME in June! I'll get the cupcake and get to play with you! Whoot!

    ReplyDelete