Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day

I wish you all a safe Memorial Day and a time to take a moment and remember those who not only gave their life for us while fighting for our freedom, but those who are still actively fighting.

Saturday I did some cleaning in my stamp room and came across an envelope full of card kits. I'm not sure where they came from, but I am thinking from my friend Melissa. Maybe some blog candy I won?

I had fun putting these together. I have no idea what they are "suppose" to look like, but here is what I came up with. I made several cards and will share 4 with you today and the rest later.

For this card, al the elements were there. I only added the green jewel centers and they came from another kit.

I watercolored the gifts with SU!'s Vintage Violet. It matched the paper perfectly.
This sentiment was already stamped inside:

To finish off this card, all I added was sponged ink around the edges
Here is how it opens:

And for this card I added the rick rack ribbon from another project that I wasn't sure how it was to be used on the card. I also colored the frosting chocolate.
Inside:

2 comments:

  1. Yep, they were from me. I can't even remember how long ago that was. Your cards look perfect! I finally stamped yesterday as it had been 3 weeks of no stamping. I think that is a new record for me. LOL I hope all is well with you. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and hope you had a nice Memorial Weekend!! Cute cards!!

    ReplyDelete