Saturday, March 1, 2008

Scrap Pile challenge 7-9

3/7: Adding to this post...I have been trying since Monday to post to Blogger and I keep getting error messages for new posts. I can come in and edit older posts, so am adding this message here. I have been sitting here refreshing/rebooting the computer/etc. most of the day trying to get something new uploaded. I have had several people unsub the last week which is fine, but just wanted to let you know, I am still here, but unable to post at this time anything new (now watch, as soon as I post this, it will let me thru. LOL!!). Anyway if this continues, I will try to find a new place to blog. I don't want to pay, so if anyone has any advice of where to go, just send me an e-mail.
Thanks for hanging in there with me!

Well, they are all the same design, but I did get 3 cards from my pile and I am trying to keep track of how many cards/projects I can make from the pile that I posted a few days ago.

I got the layout idea from the 2006 Spring issue of Stamp It! Tresa Black was the designer of the card in there and I like this sketch so much, it is going in my sketch idea book as I will use this one again. The verse was also on her card. I typed it up using the font Chiller (sorry, I have no idea where that font came from). Here is the inside view.
She sewed where I thought I would try "faux sewing" (where you pierce holes and then "connect the dots" with a white pen. easy right? HA!!! Next time I will just use the sewing machine!!! Let's just say it took ONE hour to make three IDENTICAL cards and most of that hour was trying to get a white gel pen (I had THREE) to work with (yes I DO have SU!'s, but still had a terrible time getting them to work), PLUS trying to pierce even hole!!

Anyway, a little tip for putting verses on the inside of a card if you don't want to run cardstock thru a printer, is just to print the verse you want and then layer it on a coordinating color cardstock. Makes the inside look nice too.

3 comments:

  1. These are adorable. I love the ric rak dividing the two patterned papers. Looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete