Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thought of the Day


There are so many quotes out there that I love that I had a hard time choosing one to create with. Since this month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I decided to choose one of my favorites that I could make a card around honoring this month. My g'ma, 2 friends, DH's aunt, as well as others we have known, have courageously battled this cancer.

I can only imagine the amount of faith it takes to deal with cancer and each on the ones we know had to take that first step, even when they couldn't see the whole picture.
The card I chose to create uses a new image from Designed2Delight to honor Nat'l Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It is called Hope 2011 Cancer Awareness Set. The nice thing about this set is that you can color the ribbon to match the cancer. Here is a link that tells you which cancer each color represents.

I used My Mind's Eye papers, Tombow's Glue Pen to add Cotton Candy Sparkly Fluff(from Our Craft Lounge) to the image ribbon and dots, Foam Tabs to raise up the butterfly image, and  Dual Brush Pens (761 & 800) for coloring and Mono Adhesive permanent.

4 comments:

  1. Your card is just lovely! The message of Hope is always important. Love that butterfly image and you did a fabulous job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Debbie! I didn't know there was a color for each cancer. I will have to go take a look. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL CARD DEBBIE...I so look forward to the day there is a cure....it has effected everyone in one way or another...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lovely card.... I have had so many cherished family members and friends battle this disease. I love your card.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete