Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Paper Bag Pouch

I have been admiring the pouches I've seen on blogs, esp Michelle Wooderson's. When I saw these black paper sacks in the Walmart card section, I decided to get a few and try my hand at making them.

This week Tombow is teaming up with Fancy Pants, so with all the goodies they sent us (THANK YOU Fancy Pants!), I had just the supplies I needed to create one with a Halloween theme.

I folded the bottom up and sewed around the edges to creat a pocket. (You actually get two pockets: the one created by folding up the bottom and one from the top opening.)

Using goodies that Fancy Pants sent us, I decorated the front of the first pocket, with their patterned papers, diecuts, rub ons and chipboard accents. I adhered the pieces with Tombow's Mono Adhesive Power Bond. The ribbon is not from FP, but rayon seam binding.

In the back pocket, I created a mini notepad made from the pieces I had cut for the pocket front.
Here is a look at the candy bag that I tucked in the front pocket:

Be sure to stop by the Fancy Pants blog to see what their DT created as well.

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Some little Trick or Treater will be thrilled with this goodie bag. :) Nice work and very creative.

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    And remember, if you have a TIP you’d like to share with us crafters, just write it up in your post and then add TIP by your entry name and you’re eligible for the TOP TIPPER PRIZE as well.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these yummi treat bags and all your projects that cute note book is neat too! thanks for coming to play with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Trick or Treat challenge I hope you can come play again soon you can enter up to 3 times per challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fab little treat bags, what time should I come around for mine !!!! LOL Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Trick or Treat challenge this week. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous - what a great idea - ideal for any small gift or occasion - I'll have to remember this!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Trick or Treat' Challenge :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete