Sunday, October 16, 2011

Frankie Candy Box

I'm not big on Halloween, but for some weird reason, I really like Frankies. This week Regina challenged the Cutting Cafe DT to use a box from her files. Right away I thought up this idea. I have not seen anything like this on line and think it turned out pretty cute. It took me awhile to go thru her files to find a box that would work. At first I was thinking of using this pattern without the cutout (and still may try to create one), but didn't want to wait to get the file and I already had the Divider Box with Handles file, so used it instead. (I just didn't use the handle)

It is hard to tell in the picture, but the hair is a deep purple. I used real bolts and nuts and love the whimsical look it gives this box.

I filled a cello bag with 2 taffy flavors of apple and chocolate brownie and then tied off with ribbon.
I hope you enjoyed this box as much as I did creating it. Be sure to stop by the Cutting Cafe blog on Wed to see all the wonderful box creations the DT came up with.

6 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie I am lovin' this lil' Frankie...soooo aute! Awesome job! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute Frankie box! You did a wonderful job with the box creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankie is FRANKIELICIOUS.............yulp he is...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone loves Frank! Come on!
    LOL!
    This is GREAT fun project and I noticed
    those screws right away...GREAT
    addition to the project!

    Yummy goodies too!!!!!!! ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie this is so darn cute. I just love that you used real bolts on Frankie. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this is so cute!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete