Thursday, October 4, 2007

Going pink for October

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I have been affected by this cancer through family and friends. The first being grandma who was diagnosed over 10 yrs ago. She was a survivor and my hero. Grandma's cancer is what got us into rubberstamping. Grandma was very creative and after her masectomy it was very hard for her to do much with her arm and seemed to be going thru depression. I had just learned about rubber stamping and showed it to her. She didn't think she would be able to stamp an image, so I asked her if she thought she could color. She said she did and I stamped a BUNCH of images for her. We colored them together and made them into cards. Then I hooked my aunt and we started meeting once a month to make cards and the rest is history. Ü

1 comment:

  1. What a great story! How nice to be able to use your hobby as therapy for a loved one.

    I also wanted to thank you for going pink! It's so great to raise awareness.

    ReplyDelete