Monday, January 11, 2010

Pantry Challenge for Sunday and Monday

I didn't get back on yesterday to post my Pantry Challenge/menu. I have bronchitis and spent as much as the day as possible resting (if one can rest going into bronchial spasms all day!)


Sunday:
breakfast: boys at at youth group (they take turns taking breakfast each Sunday; me: toast

dinner: bacon, egg sandwiches, raw veggies, cookies

supper: grilled marinated chicken breast (recipe for marinate will be below), baked potatoes, spinach salad, tapioca


Best Marinade:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup water
2 TBSP lemon juice
2 TBSP dried onion (I like to use green onion)
1 TBSP parsley
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Blend well and pour over 2.5 lbs chicken breast over nite or about 8 hours. Drain and grill chicken.


Today:
breakfast: pop tarts and apple cider (I know, not very healthy, but they are in the cupboard and I'm not feeling so hot)

dinner: oven fried chicken (I just brown chicken on the stove and then put in oven safe dish and bake until done), mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans

supper: 
hamburgers on the grill, potato salad, raw veggies, rice pudding


**I will try to pop back in today with a project. We have today off for teacher's in-service, so I'm hoping to get rested up so I can go to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment