Monday, October 20, 2014

Pinned It Made It Monday Week 42: Wedding Shower & Kassy's Birthday

I had a very busy, full, and wonderful weekend! Aaron came home for fall break, Saturday, I co-hosted a couple's wedding shower for a gal who grew up in our church, and Sunday, Benjamin and Kassy came out to celebrate Kassy's bd and spent the day. So much fun!

For the shower, Ashlea's colors were plum and ivory with a vintage theme. I headed to Pinterest right away to get some ideas for a shower for them.

I made these hydrangea balls using Cutting Cafe's Pocket Shaped Card Cutting File. My inspiration was THIS pin on pinterest.



Here are the blackberry cupcakes I made using THIS Jello Poke Cake recipe. I used blackberry Jello and then added a few drops of blue food coloring to it, to make it purple. The "frosting" is just Cool Whip with melted Blackberry Jam drizzled on top.

Kassy really liked THESE Salted Caramel Cupcakes I made last year for Thanksgiving and had commented that they need to be made more than just at Thanksgiving. So I turned the recipe into a beautiful birthday cake for her.


Instead of cupcakes, I made a 2 layer cake and then piped roses on the top with the frosting, drizzled the homemade caramel and sprinkled with sea salt.


My beautiful DIL with her cake:


1 comment:

  1. Debbie, everything looks beautiful! I know the shower will be a huge success and man, I didn't know that you were a cake decorator too! Girl, you rock!

    ReplyDelete