Wednesday, February 25, 2009

You're a Good Apple

Card inspired by SCS sketch challenge #209. It's been a LONG time since I have colored with markers on solid stamps. I really like how this turned out. The black really makes it pop.
Recipe:
stamps: Tuitti Fruity stamp set by Lizzie Anne Designs'
ink: Memento black, SU! markers
paper: SU! white & black; patterned~yellow: Pink Paislee; red: Basic Grey; green: unknown (I know it was in a Christmas 8.5 x 11 paper pad, but I've had it for a few years)
other: ribbon-WalMart; brads: from my stash

6 comments:

  1. Scrumptious!! I do love how the black makes it POP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that apple stamp would be good for your teacher friends too! It has a country feel to it...neato!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black too, Debbie. . it really frames the panels nicely! I haven't used a solid stamp for such a long time. I've been using my "outline" images a lot lately. Love what you did with that apple. . .so cool. You also did an awesome job with the sketch!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really cute! I Love the colors and the fun apple image! Great job! Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this technique too. And how simple to do, but how effective. Ilove it> Thanks for sharing. Good to visit you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm, I can see that on a jar of homemade Apple Butter!

    How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete