Monday, February 2, 2009

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long

I have joined a wonderful group of ladies who are committed to making a card/project every week with a Christmas theme. There is even a blog that you can check out here.
Did you get everything done that you wanted for Christmas last year? I did not (but then does ANYONE?) and I am so inspired by Maria's blog that I was excited when she posted this idea that I just had to see if I could join! She accepted me and here I am with my first post.

This is actually the second challenge, but I will be posted a card for the 1st one as well later this week since I just joined. We would love for you to play along with us.

I will confess that I did NOT make Christmas cards last year and also that I do NOT feel guilty about it. Our lives changed ALOT with Bruce homeschooling Aaron and me going to work full time at the school. I love my job, but Christmas card making just was NOT possible. I DID make several gifts and that was all I could do and I refused to stress out about the cards.

But with this challenge, I can have 48 cards DONE by the first of December!! I also have some ideas of how to use the challenges for gifts as well. I am all ready excited about being organized and have everything done (or at least the majority of it) by December 1st. Then I will dedicate December to making food gifts with the boys that we like to give...cinnamon rolls, cookies, candies, etc.

So, with that LONG yada yada yada, here is my card. Ü I used Basic Grey papers and buttons. The image is from a retired stamp set by SU! I don't own the stamp set, but once stamped off a bunch of them with my aunt's set and pulled it out to color. I have lots of Basic Grey scraps that I will be using for these challenges to use it up, which is ANOTHER *good thing*.

6 comments:

  1. Good for you Debbie!! Cuuuuute Snowman card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Debbie!! I started the group site because unlike you, I felt extremely guilty not making enough Christmas cards to send out last year, especially when I began receiving them from others and I couldn't send them back any. All by myself, I can't get motivated. . I had said last year that I was going to start in January and instead I waited until late in November.

    Thank you for being part of the challenge divas!! Your cards are beautiful and inspiring. Your Christmas card is no exception!! I love it!! The dps are beautiful and I love the cute buttons!! Great job on the challenge!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Basic Grey papers and I have this adorable snowman image as well...it is one of my fav!!

    Glad to have you joining us!!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Debbie!!! With 48 cards done by Christmas you might even have one to send to ME!! Ha Ha! You are one busy lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this snowman, he is adorable. I like the added buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute card my friend.....Fun way to use up scraps!!

    ReplyDelete