Tuesday, August 16, 2016

BFB: Fraying at the Edge

Fraying at the Edge   -     By: Cindy Woodsmall
Today I have a book review for one of my favorite genres: Amish. Fraying at the Edge by Cindy Woodsmall (also one of my favorite artists) is the second book in her series The Amish of Summer Grove. I was also blessed to have received the first book in the series Ties That Bind that I worte about almost a year ago here.

Ariana Brenneman was raised Old Order Amish, but finds out 20 years later, she was switched at birth. Her birth family is atheist and the baby she was switched with is Skylar. Skylar is addicted to prescription drugs and is forced to make a decision: rehab or go live with her Amish birth family.

Both girls struggle with their new families as you can well imagine. This was a different twist than is normally written about the Amish and I really enjoyed it. While I feel that most books can stand on their own in a series, it really seemed like I would have been lost a bit had I not read the first book.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review

No comments:

Post a Comment