Monday, June 30, 2014

Pinned It Made It Monday Week 26

I have a simple, but frugal Pinned project to share today. This past weekend my little nephews came to stay as well as my son and DIL. I had made pancakes and forgot that I was VERY low on syrup and there wouldn't be enough, so to Pinterest I went to find a recipe and pinned THIS one and made it. It was yummy and I won't be buying syrup again.


The recipe is called "Make Your Own {Ridiculously Easy and Inexpensive} Homemade Maple Syrup" and it truly is!

Maple Syrup Recipe:
1 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar (I used dark brown, but she used light)
1/2 tsp. maple flavoring

Bring to boil water in a small saucepan on the stove.
Add both sugars and flavoring and stir until the sugars are completely dissolved.
Remove from heat and let cool, then pour into container. (I just used the syrup bottle that we had emptied)

No comments:

Post a Comment