Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Trackmeet notes & a prayer request

Updates for interested family members (and any others Ü). We have been busy go-going.
Gibbon's trackmeet was cancelled last week due to rain. They must have gotten lots more than us, cuz it was just light rain here and then quit by the time the trackmeet would have started.
Monday, we went to Minden-BRRR cold and windy...VERY windy. I felt so sorry for the kids running! And the high jump kids had to run and jump against the wind. The wind wore me out and I didn't do anything! LOL!! I really thought Benjamin would do good as he has been running 7 miles over hills and thought that would help him, but he said the wind is really a different element and really affected his time. He did get 6th in the 4 x 8, so still medalled.
Tuesday (yesterday) he had a meet at home, so that was good. It was a beautiful day and very warm with a slight breeze.
"Short-sleeve weather" all day. He beat his PBR (personal best record) in the mile and was very excited. He placed 5th in that race. So, I have more to scrapbook!

I am getting behind as I am working on a book for someone else. I have 14 pages done. It will be a board book and I am really liking how it is turning out. I showed it to the client yesterday and she loves it, so I know I'm on the right path. It is for graduation (May 10) and I am determined that it WILL be done this week! I will post pictures of it when I am done.
I will be finishing all the kits for my Friday class tomorrow-my final count is 13!
Saturday, we head to Gothenburg for SWC (South West Conference). So far they are saying high 60's to low 70's, so hopefully will be another beautiful day. I will post how Benjamin does next week.

Prayer request:
I don't know all the detail yet but...my friend is a g'ma again (Congratulations Dean & Gloria and Adam & Erin-parents) of a sweet baby boy. Ayden had to be born at Children's hospital so that as soon as they delivered him, he could be taken into surgery for his heart. Please pray for recovery for Ayden and for his parents and family. I can't imagine what they are all going through.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie...I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's grandson! I'm praying that he will make a full recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi debbie! sounds like you're busy, busy, busy too!! Best of luck to Ben from his SCS *aunt!* ;)
    Congrats on 13~~~have fun!!!!
    Will be thinking of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi -

    I'm an HLHS mom. Please let the parents(or grandparents!)know that if they ever want to talk/ask questions, I'm out here! Our son's blog is http://www.babysamson.com. We're preparing for the third surgery on May 21.

    Best of luck to them!

    ReplyDelete