Friday, January 4, 2008

Recycled Cards

Some of my resolutions are to use up what I have, finish stuff I started, etc. Well yesterday I made 15 cards and the rest today!!!

When we went to see DH's g'ma on Christmas Eve day, she wanted me to go thru all her bd cards and take them and reuse them. I told her I didn't need more stuff, but she was persistent. So I went thru them (about a 100 of them) and took ones that I thought I could cut apart and use.
I had no idea WHAT I was going to do with them, but didn't want them lying around, so decided to see what I could come up with. I really like how all of them turned out! Her birthday is the 19th, so while making the cards, I thought, why not give them back to her! LOL!! She is in an assisted living place and has 7 kids, lots of grandkids, friends in the assisted living place, etc. Most of the cards are girly since they were given to her, but will work to send to her daughters, granddaughters, friends, etc. I can't wait to see her face when I give them to her. She will get a kick out of it, I'm sure.


Since I am trying to use things I already have, I went up to my stamp room (freezing up there!) and just picked out a few things to make these cards-embossed card fronts, ink, ribbon SCRAPS, a background stamp (linen) and a birthday verse stamp set, adhesive and glitter. I also brought down (to where the heat is Ü) my box of cardstock SCRAPS. Here is what it looked like sitting on my dining room table: And here are the cards I made...

2 comments:

  1. These are great. I really have to make it a point to use all my stuff before buying more. My problem is I buy stuff, then read blogs for inspiration and then there is no time left to stamp. I am actually going to my nephews b'day party today and I have to stop and buy a card!

    ReplyDelete