Thursday, August 27, 2015

Sew in Love

The next shower in line ended up being one I couldn't attend, but was asked if I would still make the invites for it. This bride to be's colors were yellow, blue, and gray and she likes to sew and quilt.

I created this invitation (with info on the back) using Cutting Cafe's Ribbon Spool Set. A local business was going out of business, so I was able to get enough packages of rick rack at a very good price.


I actually ran out of gray cardstock and could not justify driving 1.5 hours away to get some. After Bible School a friend jokingly offered me gray spray painted grocery sacks they had used for a project asking me what I could do with them. I didn't know at the time, but it worked out perfectly for this project!

The "sew in love" label was made on my computer and the yellow gingham patterned paper was left over from THESE invites. I love how I was able to use up the scraps.

1 comment: