Today's Pinterest inspired recipe comes from THIS pin called Kentucky Hot Brown Bake. It was pretty good, but next time I would use thinly sliced turkey from a baked turkey rather than the pkd stuff. Very hearty and I think I might even try it with ham.
Kentucky Hot Brown Bake
- 8 oz package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 lb. package smoked turkey lunch meat
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate into 2 squares.
- Place one square in bottom of 8" pan that is greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Press dough to fit pan.
- Layer with half the turkey, bacon, cheese and tomatoes.
- Pour half the eggs over the top.
- Repeat the layers.
- Top with remaining dough square.
- Pour remaining eggs over top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, covered with foil. Remove foil and bake another 20-25 minutes.
- Let sit at room temp for 15-20 minutes before serving.
This recipe is adapted from Mr. Food's Italian Layer Bake.
You will need about an hour total to bake and let it set after baking.