Tuesday, February 15, 2011

QKR Tuesday

This little Hug Me boy just makes me smile. I used Basic Grey papers from their Marjolaine line which is PERFECT for making guy cards.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day filled with love yesterday. As I was trying to figure out what to make to go with the pizza, Aaron asked if we could rent a movie. I said that would be a fun new tradition to add and make new memories and he says in his dry humor way under his breath "yeah as we lose some memories too". Only those that know Aaron can see the humor in that.

Here are a few goodies I made for DH and Aaron:

Homemade heart shaped pizza

Strawberry Crepes. I made the chocolate hearts by melting some chocolate in a plastic bag and cutting a tiny hole in the corner and squeezing out a heart shape onto wax paper. Let harden and you have a fun little accent.

I knew as soon as I posted this (in a rush as I was headed to work) that my friend Gail would e-mail me for the recipe. Ü

Whole Wheat Crepes:
3 eggs
1 c. milk
2/3 c. wheat flour
1/4 tsp salt

Beat eggs and milk in a bowl. Add flour and salt: beat with shisk until smooth. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Brush 8" pan with a little butter. Warm pan over medium heat. Pour 2 T. batter into pan, tilt quickly to coat bottom evenly (crepes should be lightly golden, but not brown). Do not turn. Stack crepes between sheets of wax paper. Refrigerate until cool and then fill with whipped topping and your favorite fruit.

*I was out of whole wheat so just used regular white flour for these, but I do make the whole wheat ones more often.

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated Valentine's Day! Too funny - I made John a heart shaped pizza also!!! Not the crepes tho but they look wonderful :) Hmmmmmmm.........about time for another recipe?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me WAY too well! Thanks for the recipe - I will have to try these :) Have a great, warm Nebraska day (I am)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card, and I agree about those papers being great for guy cards!!

    I am so hungry after seeing your yummy lovey pizza and delicious-looking crepes. Mmmmmm!! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. that paper rocks...the image is hilarious and perfect for paper piecing!

    Another fun tradition for Aaron and hubs....and they look yummy!

    Yes, I'm cleaning out my inbox! LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete