Saturday, February 5, 2011

D2D Saturday Challenge

Be Mine Bear or Puppy Love: This is our next "Images from the Attic" challenge on D2D's Card Ideas Blog. We were to create a card and matching treat gift. Be sure to hop over to the blog to see the COOL ideas from the other DT players. Fun stuff!

As soon as Dollar General (in December) stocked their $1 candy boxes I bought some knowing I was going to alter the tops. Not too long ago, I saw this adorable altered candy box by Laurie Smidlin and decided to CASE her a little bit. (LOVE her blog!)

The "xo" paper is from Basic Grey's Oliver line, the reddish punched heart is Bo Bunny's "Back to Back's" tone on tone polka dots that I punched the edge with EK Success heart punch that I've had for 2 years and never used (shame on me!! I love it!) and the lined paper is My Mind's Eye "Alphabet Soup Boy 'Ledger' Paper". If you know me at all, you know how much I love mixing and matching companies. I love how these 3 different companies papers coordinated so well.

I colored the Be Mine Bear with Copics and also colored a paper doily to match (the white was too much white). I love that I had some vintage rayon seam binding to match as well!

See the cool heart embellies? They are from when I punched the heart border. After I glued the hearts on, I applied Tombow's Mono Aqua Liquid Glue to the hearts to give them dimension. This makes them look like they are brads or dimensional stickers. I like Tombow's Aqua glue for this better than the dimensional stuff you can buy because the applicator doesn't clog up and it is easier to apply in either small or large areas with it's dual applicator tips.

Here is the matching card I made using the heart and scalloped heart Nestibilities dies. When I cut the scalloped heart, I folded the cardstock in half first and then lowered it a little bit so that it would leave a folded edge to create a card.

**Also for One Crazy Stamper challenge and From the Heart challenge on Digital Tuesday.

7 comments:

  1. So cute!!Love that paper, and awesome coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute shaped card. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very cute! Thanks for entering your card in the One Crazy Stamper's pink challenge! :)
    Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still like your card!! Fun shape...and thanks for entering it in the digital tuesday challenge as well!! Good Luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, thanks for joining us at DTC this week, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just too cute! I love to 'recycle' old chocolate boxes too! Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great shaped card! Thanks for joining us this month at One Crazy Stamper.
    :) Jacilynn

    ReplyDelete