Thursday, November 8, 2007

Altered Jar Class

EDITED for a better front view of jar.

Here is the second class I am teaching for the LSS's 12 Weeks of Christmas promotion. I am teaching a class every Saturday from this Sat thru the first Sat in December. I will post the other classes each week that I will be teaching them. This is an altered 24 oz jar that had red grapefruit sections from Del Monte ©. I loved the rounded square shape of this jar. PLUS, mom had BUNCHES of these saved because she was "sure" I would want them. LOL!! Normally, I would NOT, but it was perfect when this class came up and I saw all the jars she had. Ü

Sorry about the bad pic's, but I was in a hurry to get a picture of it before we had to leave, so I could take it back to the store. So far I have 15 signed up for it. WOW!! This will be my biggest class so far there.

It's a very simple jar that won't take very long to make because everything will be pre-cut. The stars are cut from the George cartridge for the cricut and the scallop circle is cut from Mini Monograms cartridge. I have borrowed this (mini monograms) from the store so many times I need to get my own! (on my Christmas wish list-but will probably have to buy myself Ü).

The striped and star patterned papers used are the school papers by Carolee's Creations "Adorn it"© and the solid papers are Basic Grey: yellow-"Clouds in the Park" (Stella Ruby collection), brown-"Saturate" (Infuse collection), and the green is Deja Views Flurries & Frost collection called "Mistletoe".

Other items used were button, SU!'s linen thread, and cereal boxes for "chipboard", ribbon and red lined sticky strip tape.

You can probably soak the labels off, but mom had already washed and dried the jars, and I didn't want to have to take the time for them to dry again, so I used Un-Du to take off the labels-very slick!! Here is the front view. Here is the top view.

No comments:

Post a Comment