Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Little Pumpkin Baby Shower

This fun shower was held in the fall, my favorite time of year! We went with a "little pumpkin" theme. The invitation I created was quick and simple (well as quick and simple as making 50 invites can be LOL) using a fun precolored digital image from Dollar Graphics Depot's Cutie Bears file. You will definitely be seeing lots more projects next year from this wonderful site (and even for the next shower). "little pumpkin" was typed and printed on kraft cardstock



Sign in table as you come into the gym. I used a different bear graphic from the same Cutie Bear file for the sign in sheet. The framed picture, pumpkins, and vase with flowers was from my home. Just took them from my fall display. Ü


I don't remember where I found these plates, but I loved that they looked "pumpkin" shaped. I just free hand cut stems from brown cardstock scraps and glued them to the plates. The napkins were already in my stash from after halloween sale a few years back.


Pumpkins from a friend's sister's garden made the perfect free centerpiece as well.

Hard to see really well, but here is a view of the whole food table.

I had fun creating this fabric swag banner. It didn't stick to the tablecloth very well like I had imagined, but still added some texture that I loved.

Decorations for the back of the food table with more fall garden goodies and some silk leaves from my personal stash.

All the food was "pumpkin-ish" related, except for the apple cider and that was just fall related. It was freshly squeezed cider from our own apples. Bruce made it that morning and I thought it was very refreshing as did the ladies.

I love how these cute little clementine oranges turned out that a co-host made. This idea came from Pinterest.

 Another Pinterest idea and I don't recommend it. LOL I did not like these at all! But it was a fun idea. haha

A yummy cheeseball that a co-hostess created from a recipe I gave her that I found off of Pinterest. I will have the recipe below. 

Yummy hot cheese dip in a bread bowl.

For those that like hot drinks, a co-host made pumpkin spice latte. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I heard lots of rave reviews on it.

 Just one more shower for the 2015 year! Be sure to check back tomorrow to see that themed shower.

Perfect Fall Cheeseball
http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2012/09/the-perfect-fall-cheese-ball.html

The Perfect Fall Cheese Ball
 
Prep time
Cook time
Total time
 
Serves: 12
INGREDIENTS
  • 16oz cream cheese, room temp
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese
  • 3 tbsp minced onion
  • 3 tbsp salsa
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 2 cups nacho cheese chips, crumbled
  • top of 1 bell pepper for stem garnish
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. With a mixer, combine cream cheese, cheddar, onion, salsa and cumin. Mix until creamy.
  2. Scoop mixture onto plastic wrap and use wrap to form a ball and chill for at least 2 hours.
  3. When ready to serve, roll ball into the crushed nacho chips and place bell pepper stem on top. Serve with chips, vegetables or pretzels!


No comments:

Post a Comment