Thursday, December 31, 2015

Brr Baby Winter Shower

This was my final shower for the year. What a crazy, but super fun year it has been. This was a winter shower and I will tell you now the pictures just don't do the real life justice. It was a cold day and the baby blue with white and silver accents made everything look so pretty, sparkly, and fun. I was sick this day, so I just went in and set up and then had to leave. I had forgotten my camera, so a sweet friend took these pictures for me with her phone. (thanks Stephanie!)

Here is the invitation that uses another sweet image from Dollar Graphics Depot. You can find this image in their Polar Bears Love Snow file. I embossed some baby blue cardstock with a snowflake embossing folder and then rubbed white ink over the raised design to make it "pop".  I layered the image onto silver cardstock and tied a silver thread for a little sparkle. 'brr baby' was typed and printed.


Since we were going with a winter theme, I wanted to have a hot chocolate bar and all white foods. It's hard to see but on the table is hot cocoa mix, white cups, and then fun containers with mini marshmallows in the silver pail, chopped andes mints, silver wrapped Hershey Kisses in the embossed white pail (the pails are some I found in the dollar section at Target) canned whipped topping, powdered sugar donuts, and white and baby blue almond bark covered pretzels. Also, not shown in the photo was a large bowl of white chocolate covered popcorn (recipe below).


As they guests came in to the room, this was the table that greeted them for them to sign in and then put their name and address on a label if they brought a gift. For this table and each of the eating tables, I made white yarn pom poms (thought they looked like snowballs) and adhered to chop sticks and then put them in a cold coffee drink jar with May Arts baby blue ribbon and a die cut snowflake from Cutting Cafe's Christmas Boxes with Cutouts file. I just used the cut out snowflake image.


The glass container with mini silver Christmas bulbs (bulbs from Dollar General after Christmas sale last year) is from my stash. The sign in sheet has a little snowbear on it as well from Dollar Graphics Depot.

The silver plates I picked up at Target. They are silver with a white band and were in their marked down end cap in the party section.

I have loved every single shower (all 18 of them) and had a blast with each one. Several people have mentioned I must be getting burnt out or tired of showers, but they obviously do not know me. I LOVE what I have been doing and I have so many ideas that there needs to be more weddings and babies, LOL! It has been such an honor and a blessing to be involved in a very small way to make each of these lovely ladies feel loved and special. I already know of about 5 showers so far for 2016 and I look forward to creating for each of them and hopefully even more.

recipes:

WHITE CHOCOLATE PUFF CORN

Makes about 8 cups
Ingredients:
  • 1 {3.5 oz.} bag Chester’s Butter Flavored Puff Corn {About 8 cups}
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips
  • 2 tsp. coconut oil {Or vegetable oil will work}
Directions:
  1. Place the puff corn in a large bowl.
  2. In a small bowl, combine the white chocolate chips and coconut oil and microwave on high in 30 second increments for 2-3 minutes, until chips are melted.
  3. Drizzle chocolate over the puff corn and fluff as you go, until puff corn is fully coated.

1 comment:

  1. Great work Debbie!!! Have enjoyed seeing every one of your showers that your have decorated. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete