Thursday, September 17, 2015

File Folder Box

Regina has designed a fun File Folder Box Holder file for the DT to create with this week. There are 2 sizes (each with 4 different side options) that can be bought separately or one purchase for both.

I created a box using the larger size. This sized box will hold 6" x 6" paper pads. I made mine a little different than shown in Regina's youtube video (which I highly recommend watching before making) and will share some tips that helped me.

To begin with, the file didn't come to size for me, but that's okay because Regina includes a tip sheet that tells you the size each piece needs to be. However, my silhouette cutting machine won't let me add 4 numbers after a decimal, so I just copy and pasted each piece (except for the file pieces...forgot those so will have to redo) onto on page and then enlarged all the pieces paying attention to the bottom box piece so that the "height" was a little over 6". This way I knew not only would my 6 x 6 paper pads fit, but that all the other pieces would then fit to the box. (hope that didn't confuse anyone. LOL)

I also cut my base box out of brown cardstock rather than designer cardstock. Then I cut the pieces that go on the inside and layered them on the outside.

To add the label holder, I pierced it onto the cardstock and adhered with brads before putting the box together. I don't have a hole punch that was that long as Regina describes in her video. I haven't added a label yet as I haven't decided if I'm just going to fill it with 6 x 6 misc pads or by company.

Here is a view of the back. I was going to add the label on the back, but decided I liked it better on the front and will store my file holders that way.
This was a fun project to create and I can't wait to make more of them, esp ones to hold cards.

Be sure to visit the Cutting Cafe Blog on the 7th and 21st of every month to see the design team's projects in which you can leave a comment to be entered into a drawing to win 3 FREE sets of your choice from the online store.

5 comments:

  1. I love this!! Very PRETTY!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome...love how you used kraft paper first...pretty paper.....sorry about the measurements

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I thought I'd lost my mind. I got one of mine all done up and then went to put my 6x6's in and proceeded to jam them in until I realized that very thing, I didn't use the tip sheet and 6x6's were never going to fit no matter how hard I pushed. I LOVE them though and it's nice to know they can vary in sizes now. PS...you're a genius for doing the outsides that way! Gorgeous work on your holder Debbie!
    Hugs to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! Love the pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete