Monday, April 27, 2015

Love is Brewing

The theme for the April 18th bridal shower was Love is Brewing. We served flavored coffee, tea, and hot chocolate as well as biscotti, scones, muffins, and fruit. Every time I host a shower it becomes my new favorite. This one may be my favorite of all...well until the next one. LOL

I especially love how the invitations turned out. I couldn't find paper to match her colors of mint and peach, so found some online to print. (Remember you can click on the photos for a larger view)

The coffee cup is cut from a Cutting Cafe file called Coffee Cup Shaped Card 2 Template. I I tell ya, my silhouette has been getting a major work out with all these showers. The "love is brewing" on the inside I asked Regina from Cutting Cafe to make special for me for this shower. Thank you Regina! You are the best!



chocolate chip scones

Maple Scones

Salted Caramel Biscotti



Chocolate Orange Biscotti


Triple Chocolate Scones

Gluten Free Muffins

coffee flavored candies

I made flowers from coffee filters. Love how these turned out and will definitely be doing this again! I found the tutorial on Pinterest. I used kraft colored coffee filters and dyed with watered down paint. The springs were saved quickly from an old rusty bed spring we had before it got taken to the recycle place. DH quickly cut me 10 of them. Now I wish I would have had him cut them all. They are going to be fun to decorate with and you'll be seeing them again. Ü

I didn't get a picture of it, but the hot drink cups were dark brown with white lids like you would get at a coffee shop. Also not shown was the coffee "order form". The tables were numbered and they put their name and table number on the form. Then we picked them up and filled the "orders" as the bride-to-be opened her gifts. It was easier that way to remember who ordered what.

The plates were such a fun find! Elizabeth's them was boho chic and these plates were perfect. I found them on Amazon and ordered some. Then as I realized the shower was going to be a bit larger, I needed more and the price had more than doubled! I contacted Amazon and told them about it and that I needed them for a shower and no way could I paying that huge price increase. They asked for me order number for the first set and matched it. I was so thankful as I really wanted these plates. Ü

I was still pretty sick with bronchitis this day, but had a great group of gals helping me out and it all went so smoothly. I did forget to take pics of the sign in table! But here is a link to the sign in sheet that was perfect for the colors we decorated with:
Guest Sign In printable

Here is the gift I made her:




Recipe links:
Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Scones
Maple Scones
Triple Chocolate Scones
Salted Caramel Biscotti
Chocolate Orange Biscotti
White Chocolate Mocha Latte

2 comments: