We have been enjoying the rhubarb in our garden lately and I wanted to share a new recipe I tried from Pinterest called Rhubarb Cake and it uses Greek yogurt which makes it very moist.
I think this dessert would be good with other fruits as well.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 pound (4 cups) diced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, baking soda, salt and 2 cups flour. Stir in the eggs and Greek yogurt until smooth, then fold in the rhubarb. Batter will be very thick. Pour into pan and spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup flour and cinnamon until the mixture is crumbly. Then sprinkle the mixture on top of the cake.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.