Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lucky Me, a Notepad and SpRiNG Blocks

I am so excited to share my first projects with you. Each month Tombow will be partnering with another company for the Design Team to create with. This month it is Imaginisce. I received a package full of goodies from their line Lucy Bird (as well as 2 other kits!). Oh my, so much fun and such pretty spring colors! Thank you so much Imaginisce!

My first project uses scrap wood left over from when I used to teach woodcraft classes. I have a set of blocks that are painted and say "autumn" and have had this idea for some time to use paper and letters cut with my Cricut. This was the perfect chance to do that. (you can click on the image for a larger view)


For the "s", "i", and "g", I used Cricut's new Songbird cartridge. My friend Terry had just gotten this in the mail the day we decided to get together and craft. We had so much fun making these blocks. (She used more vintage designs which turned out darling.) I don't remember the cartridges used for the "p" and "n". If you are really wanting to know, I can find out, as they were all Terry's cartridges.

I used Tombow's Mono Aqua Liquid glue to adhere the block paper and letters. This stuff is awesome! I love how it lets you move the paper around a bit to get it just right before it dries.

My next project was creating a notepad using scraps from the Imaginisce papers. I also used silk flowers and a fun puffy sticker.


and last is this card for St. Patrick's Day:
                         
I am still learning how to use Tombow markers and their blending pens, but I think she turned out pretty cute anyway.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Be sure to wear green.

Why do you never iron a 4 leaf clover?
You don't want to press your luck! Ü

2 comments:

  1. Super cute projects, Debbie!!! I am so ready for Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my cuteness Debbie!
    I LOVE the spring thingy! I cherish my HOME one that you made me.....everyone that sees it loves it too! You so rock those!!

    I also love the little girl card....I still have the one you sent me last year...right by my desk...it's one of my favorites! (and I have many!)

    ....we need to get something going...I miss my debbie mail! Oh, that's right, I still have your cookbook in mid-stream....and a little bloggy gift you won from me eons ago.....I hope I live long enough to get them finished!

    Hope you are doing ok.....missing your emails too!!! Long time, no chat!! HUGS! m.

    ReplyDelete