Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Where go?"

"Where go?"...I remember when my nephew first started saying this, tilting his head to the side and holding his hands facing up. Ü

I had really planned to be posting alot more before now, but things don't always go as we plan, do they?

**WARNING: below is a long dialogue of just musing and of where I have been. Ü

On the 18th, my wonderful DH and I went to Omaha to watch the Final 4 Volleyball games. He had purchased tickets as he knows how much I love watching Nebraska volleyball and they had made the Final 4. It was a wonderful time (THERE) even though we lost. We broke Penn state's perfect "no set losses" for the year, so that was fun. BUT the trip home was something else. What should have been a 4-4.5 hour trip took 9 hours and 20 minutes!!!! We drove in absolutely terrible weather, but there really wasn't anything else we could have done. You couldn't see an exit to take and if you COULD see an exit it wasn't cleaned off or safe to take! We drove (in our Ford Focus car) on ice covered, snow deep, roads, sometimes sleeting, snowing, blowing. Thankfully we had a full take of fuel and a shovel. There were times we were the first ones to make tracks. It will be something that we will never remember. As scary as it was at times for me, it is a special time when we were alone (rarity around here Ü) and could talk without interruptions (well except for driving ones). To keep Bruce awake, he asked me lots of questions about my grandparents and it was fun going down memory lane, sharing story after story with him and being reminded along the way of things I hadn't thought of for awhile.

So, fast forward a bit to Christmas...We actually had our first Christmas celebration on the 20th at mom & dad's. Then Christmas Eve service the 24th, Christmas breakfast on the Fisher side the 25th, then left early the 26th to go to my brother's. That trip ended short as Aaron got sick, so we left early and then I got sick on the way home. Came home to find out Bruce had been sick the nite before. Guess there is a 48 hour stomach flu sweeping the state.

We have one more Christmas on New Year's Day. Bruce is excited to go as NE football is in a bowl game that day and we don't have tv access here (we have a tv, but no antennae), so he can enjoy the game.

I have been busy working on new design team projects for Lizzie Anne Designs. I love the new sets that are coming out and the sneak peeks will be beginning soon. Be sure to check back here on New Year's as I have a POTM (project of the month) to share with a stamp set by them that is available now. I had fun making this project and can't wait to share it with you. Ü

Well, that's all for now. I have a project to finish up, to show you tomorrow and am working on my Embellish-Online projects that will be revealed the 6th. School is back in session on the 5th, so I need to get LOTS done this week.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and I wish you all the Happiest and Healthiest New Year!

1 comment:

  1. glad you're safe and healthy again....looking forward to chatting with you!

    Where go reminds me of Natalie...she always says *help you* when she wants us to help her! adorable!

    ReplyDelete