Friday, January 23, 2015

Frugal Friday 1-24-15

Since I am doing the Pantry Challenge for January, I haven't been spending as much. But here are a few deals I have gotten in the past 2 weeks

*Swagbucks points I redeemed for Amazon and Walmart gift cards
*Christmas items at Dollar General for 25¢ each: green tablecloth and 3 tins with cute lids (that I will spray paint and alter)
*nice heavy dinner plates for a dollar at Dollar Tree. This is their normal price, but it's a lot cheaper than anywhere else and they are nice and big and heavy ceramic dishes. We were using the old Currier and Ives plates that were my g'ma's and they have been breaking a LOT, so decided to put what we had left away and use only on special occasions and get some cheap ones to use for every day
*used 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby for a craft item for a Valentine project.

Grocery:
canned vegetables for 25¢ (I bought peas, one thing we didn't garden)
2 liter Coke 88¢ (probably didn't "need", but DH likes homemade Vanilla Coke, so got it for a special treat)
red pepper 86¢ plus 25¢ refund through Snap making it only 61¢
loaf bread 88¢
pasta 77¢
Dollar general had a one day special $2 coupon and you had to spend at least $2.01 so used it on chili pdr (we were out) $1 plus a pkg of salami that was $1.50, so only paid 50¢ for the 2 items

No comments:

Post a Comment