Thursday, January 3, 2013

Eucharisteo

My word for 2013 is Eucharisteo yoo-khar-is-teh'-o v.
  1. to be grateful, feel thankful
  2. give thanks
Last year I started reading 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp and was challenged to take the Joy Dare this year. She was challenged by a friend to write down 1000 things she was thankful for and it resulted in a book to share with others to do the same thing. If you write down 3 things each day, you will have written down over 1000 things you are thankful for in a year's time. On her blog you can find monthly calendars to print out for prompts if you need them. I may use some of hers and may just write my own.

James 1:2 says "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds". We definitely met all kinds of trials in 2012 and I hope I don't have to go thru all of that in one year again. But as hard as the loss of friends and family, the loss of security and friendships and the loss of faith in others was, it was a year of learning and for that I can give thanks. I hope it has made me a stronger person...stronger in my faith, stronger against those who mean harm and stronger in believing that God will take care of me and my family even though we don't know what the future holds, where we may or may not be living and what jobs we may or may not have.

So to keep track of my 1000+ things I am thankful for, I created this quick and simple journal using some of Ann's free printables found on her website. I also printed this image from Graphic Fairy.

I bought a couple of the books as gifts and made journals for the recipients as well.

These are made with a pocket folder cut in half and then cut down to fit a jr. legal pad.

I am also doing this for this year. This gal has a declutter calendar for 2013. It is my goal to do as many of them as I can (some don't apply) and declutter!

Happy 2013 to you all! There will be more changes this year to my blog that I will share with you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment