Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Busy busy busy

It has been so crazy the past few weeks! I am still here and hope to post something card/gift wise soon. We are now done with track. Benjamin did very well. He qualified for Districts and was 15 seconds short of qualifying for State. He is only a freshman, so I can see him qualifying next year. He had a personal record at Districts and we were pretty excited about that-shaved 4 seconds off of his previous personal best.

Last week we had rec'd a letter from school saying that six boys and six girls from each class were chosen for the Wall of Fame and that Benjamin is one of them and there would be a program where they would be honored. We had no idea what this was and neither did Benjamin. We were surprised when we found out that he had one the Most Representative of his class. Another was voted Student of the Year (who is voted by class peers) and the other 4 were honored by teachers. The principal told Bruce that he was very proud of Benjamin as it is uncommon to see a new student come in and do as well as he has done.

Tonight is the Industrial Arts Display and I am looking forward to seeing the night stand Benjamin made me. I haven't seen it except for a very rough sketch when we were helping him figure out the measurements.

He doesn't think he has to take any finals, so he should be done by noon on Friday. It will be good to spend some time at home with him before he leaves at 11:30 pm for Belize next Wed. (YIKES only a few more days and "NO" mom is not ready for this. I know he will have a great time and is excited, but I am a little nervous. I like my kids home at night so I know they are safe and sound Ü)

So even though I don't have any cards to show you yet, I wanted to let you know I'm still here and will hopefully do better once school is out.

Thanks for letting me brag about my kid Ü
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment