Saturday, May 27, 2017

"Orange you glad..."

I have a fun idea to share that I made recently for a birthday. The theme I created was "orange you glad it's your birthday". The recipient had told me that she likes the color orange and I had a lot of fun creating different items using the color orange.

To start off, I painted a large peat pot pumpkin orange, then I just looked through all my stash of goodies to see what I could find that was orange to create and/or fill the pot. I had a vintage doily with orange and white crocheted edging, so added that and let it hang out a little.

I created these two notepads-the first one I crocheted a tiny flower with embroidery floss and attached it to an orange paper clip. I also altered a couple of regular sized clothes pins and one large clothespin and glued orange designer paper to the backs of 3 clear cabochons and put magnets on the back to hang on the refrigerator.

 I also altered a couple of regular sized clothes pins and one large clothespin and glued orange designer paper to the backs of 3 clear cabochons and put magnets on the back to hang on the refrigerator.

I picked all the orange pieces of Resees Pieces and put them in this fun clear tube from Michaels. I stamped the word "sweet" on a tag and tied it to the tube with orange/white twine.

The last thing I created for this basket was a fun plant poke using a skewer.
Oh yeah, I also crocheted a dishcloth that was added to the goodies given. Seen in the photo below are 2 tea lights. One that I added orange washi tape to and the other a glittered one that was in my Halloween stash. Missing is the card I made. I got it done just in time to add to the pot of goodies and get to the birthday party and forgot to take a picture first.

It still needed some fillers, so I bought some orange goodies to add inside...mango drink, orange pen (I actually had the pen in my goody stash), orange candies, Reeses, and mango orange Brach candies, and a carrot Lara bar. 

The recipient loved it and said she WAS glad it was her birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment