Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Altered Mini Comp Notebook

**go here for my Cutting Cafe drawing
]
Did you all have a Merry Christmas? If you have a large family like I do, you may still be celebrating. We have one more gathering at my cousin's New Year's Eve day. It is such a bittersweet day as G'pa and G'ma are no longer with us and this summer my uncle passed away, so there will be another empty spot. I am so glad that we still get together as so many families seem to quit when grandparents/parents pass away, but us cousins have decided we aren't doing that, that we are going to keep the tradition.

and...Aaron's birthday is tomorrow, so we will be having a party then as well. I have something really fun planned and hope all my ideas work out. Benjamin's girlfriend will be here too, so it's going to be a great day!

With all the Christmas projects I've made lately, I decided to share with you a non-Christmas looking project, even though I made these as gifts. They are so quick and easy to do...altered mini composition note pads.

**A timesaver tip: I stamp a bunch of images onto cardstock, cut apart and keep in an envelope. I take them to work when I'm going to stay at school over my lunch break and color (we only get 30 minutes for lunch, takes me 5-10 minutes to eat, so I have plenty of time to color Ü). Then when I have time, I just match the colored images to paper and create whatever.

For this particular project, I just covered the notebook with papers using Mono Adhesive Power Bond and colored the images with Irojetin Pencils. These are so handy to have extra on hand so that you have a little something for someone when you need it.
I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy project. I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year! We have some fun things to share with you next year on Tombow's blog starting just next week. Be sure to come back and invite your friends too!

**this was entered in the Tip Top Tuesday challenge

5 comments:

  1. This is so fun! I love this little image and how you displayed it. Great eyelet accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet and a great Top Tip ref taking images to colour - I take a pencil case full of images out with me too ;)

    Thanks for joining in with our 'Anything Goes' challenge this week over at Top Tip Tuesday ,

    ...HOWEVER, to be in the running for the prizes please add a link back to TTT in your post - thanks :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful!

    Thank you for joining Anything Goes challenge at Top Tip Tuesday!

    Happy New Year!

    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book is so cute, Debbie...and what a great gift! Good for you all for keeping the tradition of getting together over the holidays. Happy birthday to Aaron, and I hope all of your plans went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great coloring Debbie! Adorable image!

    ReplyDelete