Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Organized Altered Chest

This week we are sharing projects fo the New Year with you. I try hard not to make too many New Year's resolutions as it seems they don't happen. Ü But I like to try to get more organized.

Here is a fun way to have your most used items at your fingertips. First I spray painted the wood white where it would show (didn't where the paper covered up.
I used Tombow products to help make this altered wood chest of drawers. I had some old Mod Podge that was gunky and needed to get this done. I turned to Tombow's Mono Liquid Aqua Glue and LOVE the results!!

I used a dampened foam brush to spread the liquid glue evenly over each side as I added the papers. It is important to use a dampened foam brush so it doesn't absorb all the glue. Also makes spreading much smoother and easier.

sorry for the bad picture here, but it was the only one I had of the side view

I used the same papers inside the drawers as what is on front. After letting it dry for 2 hours, I brushed another layer over the top to seal the papers.

view of the back
the flower on top is also attached with glue. I had to use a glue gun to attach the flowers and gems on the handles because the little flowers absorbed the wet glue and wouldn't stick.

3 comments:

  1. How cute is that?!?!?! I love what you did with this chest, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another beautiful creation!
    love the wet brush tip...I wouldn't have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORE this!! What a creative solution!! Now I MUST find me one of these chests!!

    ReplyDelete