Monday, July 13, 2009

Week 25



We are at the halfway mark for Christmas Stamping All Year Long.
This week I am the hostess again and am late with my card. I've been swamped with CHA and getting Aaron ready for camp. We took him yesterday and he will be gone for a full week as when he is done at Long Pine on Friday, his friend's sister will pick them up and take them to Merritt for a weekend camp. I'm going to have a very tired boy when he gets home. Ü

Okay, on to my challenge. This week's challenge is Inside Out. The trend lately has been to decorate the inside card as well as the outside. For the outside I used a digi image from Shirley's 2 Girls. She has such fun images to play with and she posted this image just in time for me to use for this week's card. I like the wavy banners that Anna Wight is popular for and decided that would be fun to use on the front. You also can't have a crown without it shining, so added some stickles to it and I thought maybe if the the fruitcake had sparkly frosting it might help it taste better. LOL!!
She also included 3 sentiments and this one cracked me up. Now if my DH was to answer it would be "YES!" He loves fruitcake. However, if just about anyone else in my family would answer it would be "NO". So this will go to one of them.
Maria came up with this fun sketch for you if you need some inspiration.

9 comments:

  1. This is really cute!! Love the challenge this week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRICELESS card thats sooooo much fun!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hilarious! Love your shiny icing....maybe it would help! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too cute! Made me laugh! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!!! and I am one of the few people who LOVE fruitcake, so any time you get the urge, send some my way!!!!

    Excellent challenge and card!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Debbie, I'm not a fan of fruitcake. LOL! But I do love your card! That image is cute. . .I may need to check out that company. You did a fantastic job with this week's challenge. . .love what you did with the inside. Love the big sentiment!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie - thanks for the wonderful challenge this week. I don't decorate the inside too much so it was a nice change! Your card is awesome!!! The outside is very pretty (as is the inside) but when I saw the inside I just started laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable and fun! Love your coloring and pretty details!

    ReplyDelete