Friday, September 19, 2008

Corn Candy Trick or Treat

I have always loved corn candy (esp mixed with peanuts) and when I saw this stamp set "Kookie Kostumes" by Storage Units, Ink & More, I knew I had to do something with this image first.

I stamped the image in black on white cardstock and colored with Gamsol & colored pencils. I added Yellow, Orange Peel and Crystal Ice Stickles to the corn candy sections as well as orange to her socks and crystal effects to her shoes to make them shiny. Stamped image is layered on Core'dinations dark brown cardstock. I stapled two scraps of ribbon to top left of panel and on the bottom right only inked up first line of sentiment and stamped in black.

For card background, I cut orange, yellow and white Core'dinations cardstock and butted together, then used "x's" rub ons by Making Memories along edges where colored cardstock met.
Don't forget....Denise is sponsoring a contest at the Storage Units, Ink & More Blog. From now until midnight on Saturday, September 20th the person who links a card with the MOST stamped images (all images MUST be different) on that one card will win ALL FOUR OCTOBER 1st NEW RELEASE STAMP SETS! All you have to do, is link your card to THIS POST ON THE SUINK BLOG. If you are uploading to Splitcoast, type in keyword SUINKWWC6 . As always, you do not have to use Storage Units, Ink & More! stamp sets.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm glad to learn I'm not the only person in the world who loves candy corn with peanuts!!
    Great card too! I like how your card base looks just like candy corn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love candy corn!!! This is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO super cute! I love how the background looks like candy corn!! And that shimmery candy corn costume is SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! I LOVE this!!! love the glitter. love the candy corn striped cardstock background. Just WAY cute!

    ReplyDelete