Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Friendship Willows

This is my second post today, so be sure to scroll down for my QKR pumpkin card in case you missed it.

Today is Digital Tuesday and my friend Michelle is the hostess. AND Designed2Delight is the sponsor. So I just HAD to play! Ü I love willow trees and these images that Faith designed are so fun and whimsical. Plus the challenge is sewing (faux or real), so I REALLY had to play along.

I had intended to sew by machine on my card and then came across a sheet of different stitched rub-ons and decided to give them a try. I've had this sheet for so long I don't even remember where it came from! It was definitely time to use them.

The flower strip below the sentiment was also on that sheet and matched the little flowers in the tree. The papers are from K & Company. I love their vintage paper pads.

Do you like the scallop ends to the sentiment? I put it in my oval scallop punch and punched it. I like it so much, I'm going to do this again.

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Debbie. Love how you printed 3 of the beautiful trees.
    Gorgeous papers too!
    Thank you so much for joining us at digital tuesday, hope you'll join us again next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Debbie! I really like how you edged the sentiment with the scallop punch, very cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those would be doodlebug rub-ons....did I send you those?! I have some here...they are still good!! ;) I LOVE this card....very cool...thanks for playing along....and you rocked Faith's image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and love your stitching.
    Thanks for joining DT challenge this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete