Friday, January 18, 2019

Winter White Party

Yesterday I had a couple of friends over for the afternoon. I have missed getting together with people the past year. It was a hard 2018 and this year I am determined to focus on those things that I missed last year.

I have been so inspired by youtuber Olivia (Olivia's Romantic Home) and the book "Just Open the Door" by Jen Schmidt. Olivia is always decorating her home to make it special. I used to do that and the last couple of years haven't done much. It is something that I really enjoy and I had fun making my home warm and cozy with candles, snowflakes and anything white and cream I could find in my home. Jen's book talks about just have friends over and stop making excuses. She is so right and I had so much fun and can't wait to do this again.

So back to yesterday afternoon...I kept it small and simple, but great thought went into the afternoon to make it a special time in the middle of a cold and dreary day.

I created an inexpensive, but fun little gift for each of my friends. I already had some white berry baskets I had gotten on sale a couple of years ago from Hobby Lobby. I added some gold polka dot tissue paper, white Kit Kats, white Cocoa packet, caramel candy cane, and hand-crocheted natural dishcloth, and glittery white snowflake ornament and a cute mini clothespin with a white felt snowflake.

For the tablesetting, I used a gold tablecovering, my cream Fietsta plates, a gold and white striped napkin, white mugs on a handmade white on white coaster.

Here is a pictures of the table with the food on it. I served homemade hot chocolate and had marshmallows and red hots for stir ins, powdered sugar donuts, white chocolate covered puff corn sprinkled with gold sugar, and artichoke/spinach bomb with chips. The only decor on the table was handmade white yarn pom poms on chopsticks in a cream vase. I had candles burning around the house and soft music playing on Pandora.




Thank you girls for coming and enjoying a fun afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea! Everything looks wonderful. Certainly a treat on a cold day!

    ReplyDelete