Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tombow Banner

Did you know that this is Tombow’s 100th year birthday? For CHA in January each of the design team members were challenged to create a birthday project of some kind. I created this banner using Fancy Pants’ Hopscotch line and lots of Tombow adhesives.

101_2178 (900x675)

To cut the banner pieces (Spellbinders Lacey Pennants) I cut each one first with cereal and cracker boxes and then of the designer paper and adhered them together using a Mono Glue Stick.

101_2175 (900x675)

The letters are grunge chipboard letters that I painted black and then applied Mono Aqua Liquid Glue to the letters and sprinkled glitter on. I adhered the letters to the bottom of the pennant with Mono Multi Liquid Glue.

101_2176 (900x675)

The top decorative piece to the banner was cut to fit the banner and then on one end I punched it using EK Success Open Scallop Border Punch. The scallop piece was adhered using Dot Adhesive Stamp Runner. I like using dot adhesive especially when adding adhesive to small areas as you just rub away the excess.

101_2177 (900x675)

The Sizzix Paper Rosettes were adhered using Power Tabs. I used one fourth of a Power Tab to add each of the buttons.

I wove black ribbon through the top pennant loops and added tied bows with on fourth Power Tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment