Monday, October 19, 2020

Turkey Decor

I participated in a craft challenge with a friend creating something using dollar store items. I made a fun turkey sign (inspiration here: Country Charm by Tracy) using these items from the Dollar Tree. 



I used one of the sentiment long signs for the ("Welcome Fall" font is The Skinny Bold which can be found for free online)and 2 of the square signs to cut the "feathers" and pumpkin with my band saw.   Tracy from Country Charm by Tracy provided a free pattern for the turkey body as well as the large feather pieces behind the turkey.

I cut the pumpkin using one of the shapes from Cutting Cafe's Halloween and Fall Shaker Card set, with the scraps from the sign I cut for the turkey feathers. I painted it and added a stick from my yard for the stem and raffia and/or ribbon, as well as covered wire that I curled around a paint brush for the curly things you see on pumpkin vines.

The turkey is cut from kraft corrugated cardboard. The beak and waddle are as well, but I used the smooth side for them.

I painted the long Dollar Tree sentiment box with 4 layers of paint to cover the design they had and the sides are covered with patterned paper. "Welcome Fall" is vinyl cut with my Silhouette. For the turkey below, I painted 3 coats of white for the sentiment sign and one layer of watered down sky blue paint that matched the scrapbook paper.

Everything is shaded with walnut gel stain, paint splattered in black and white, doodled  with a permanent pen and distressed. All the paper pieces are mod podged on and then a layer of mod podge over the top to prevent the paper from fading.

Here is a second one I made:




No comments:

Post a Comment