Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Heart Skips

What did you all think of the new Pantone color of the year last week shown on Tombow's blog? I love the tangerine color. This week we have another color challenge that was Pantone's color of the year 2011...Honeysuckle. This color matches Tombow's Dual Brush Pen 743 (hot pink).

With Valentine's Day sneaking up on us, I thought this color would be perfect for a candy box. I found this tutorial here. The tutorial shows to use Hershey Nuggets, but I had some raspberry Ghiradelli's on hand and they fit perfectly! I can get 2 into each little matchbox. The matchboxes were cut with SU!'s die that my friend had and I cut a bunch of them over a year ago. They are now coming in handy as I plan to make more of these boxes for friends and family.

One of the wonderful things about markers and rubberstamps is that the markers are less expensive and you can have so many more colors. I colored Our Craft Lounge's new Every Heart Beat stamp set (the zig zag image) with the 743 Dual Brush Pen and stamped it on a label that also was on the die that I cut. I then stamped the sentiment with black ink.
I used Mono Adhesive Power Bond to put the whole box together. I prefer using a stronger adhesive for projects like this.

4 comments: