Friday, November 14, 2008

EIO's Friday challenge

I love this paper by K & Company. This is a dual challenge as I made it for Ching's Fall challenge on Embellish-It and Lizzie Anne Designs sketch challenge by Kendra. (However, since I uploaded this early to the gallery, everyone saw it, so I made a second card for this challenge.)

The argyle embossing folder reminds me of a vest or sweater that one wears when the air gets cool. Add a fall pumpkin from Lizzie Anne Designs' Happy Harvest set and warm and soft chenille type ribbon and you have all the perfect elements for a fall card.
Here is the second card I made. This too is a dual challenge card. As well as for today's challenge, this card is also for SCS's Featured Stamper that was on Sunday. The featured stamper was Wendy Bell. Her gallery was so full of inspiration that it was had to pick just one card. But as soon as I saw this card, I knew what I was going to do. I had already stamped the tree and leaves from Lizzie Anne Design's In the Treetop and got stumped as how to finish it up.
Wendy used SU!'s stitched felt ribbon, but I didn't have any, so I just cut a strip of felt and sewed down each side. I am really pleased with how this turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment