Friday, December 29, 2006

I won a Cricut Cartridge!!!!!

I am soooo excited! I ck'd my messages before we leave for Kim's funeral (weather is not suppose to be good) and I get this message from Cricut! They had this thing going til Christmas where you send in a project made with the Cricut and if they choose you for their Spotlight Corner you win a cartridge of your choice! I sent in about 4 projects and this is the one they chose!!!!! Anyway, this is something that I would have called Kim right away with , so I am sharing it with you my friends.

The date book is completely made from scratch. I printed 12 pages (on cardstock) with the month and numbered lines for each month. I made tabs for each page and a cover and back. I covered the back and cover with patterned paper and then rubi'd it all together. I decorated the front with flower #2 from the George cartridge with the silhouette feature as I thought it mimicked the flower in the paper. 'Dates to Remember' was done on the computer. I have made several of these and got the idea from Kim. She had bought one off of E-bay and had shown it to me last year. Hers is wayyyyy cooler.

The candy box was made with coasters. I covered each coaster with patterned paper and sanded the edges. Then I punched holes in the side and tied together with ribbon. I hot glued the bottom on (need to find a better way to attach the bottom). The flower is cut the same way. For the large flower I cut 5 of cardstock and one of patterned paper to look like chipboard. The center is a brad by Making Memories.

Thank you for letting me share,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment