Saturday, February 23, 2008

A card, recipe and endorsement...

First the card. Here is scrap pile card #5. The white panel was stamped a long time ago and was in my pile. I added the rub on (SU!'s SAB) verse to tone down the wild pattern. Ü

Now for the recipe. The Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings were YUMMY! Here is the recipe as promised. Sorry it took so long and thank you for the reminder e-mails asking me about it. Ü

Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings
2 cans crescent rolls
2 apples
2 sticks butter (we used margarine and will cut this down next time)
2 cups sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 can Mt Dew

Preheat oven to 350*. Core and slice apples. Wrap each in a crescent triangle. Line up in a 9 x 13 pan. Melt butter, cinnamon and sugar together. Spread mixture over dumplings. Pour soda around perimeter. Bake 45 minutes. Eat warm with scoop of vanilla ice cream.


Endorsement: I RARELY endorse movies, but when I see a REALLY good one, I just wanna shout it out. We are very picky about not only what WE watch, but what we let the boys watch. It is hard to find really good FAMILY movies and we watched one last nite. It is Game Plan rated PG. I must have missed something, cuz I'm not sure why it was PG. I thought it was funnier than the "guys", but then what do they know about a "bedazzler" LOL!!! Anyway, if you haven't seen it, it is a fun movie for the family.

On the home front...
Benjamin is sick (AGAIN!!!) and I feel like I'm having a relapse. I've been coughing really deep and then get to where I can barely get my breath. I am DETERMINED to NOT end up in the hospital this year. So, I've been taking today REALLY slow and hopefully can get this bronchitis (which I have a feeling is now bronchial pneumonia) beat!! I am so hoping we all don't get as sick as were were before. Bruce and the boys were just getting over theirs. Hopefully, Benjamin will heal really fast without anyone else getting it again.

1 comment:

  1. My gosh girl... take care of yourself! Oh and the card is darling.

    ReplyDelete