Happy Leap Year Day! My pinned item today is Peanut Butter Donuts with Chocolate Ganache. So quick and easy and so good! The recipe calls for gluten free cake mix. I didn't have one on hand and just used what I had and it worked great.
GF PEANUT BUTTER DONUTS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
Author: Jo-Lynne Shane
Recipe type: dessert
Serves: 14 donuts
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- 1 box liveGfree yellow cake mix
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease 2 donut pans or mini muffin tins.
- Whip eggs and butter until frothy. Add the water and mix to blend.
- Add the yellow cake mix and peanut butter. Mix on medium-high for one to two minutes until smooth.
- Spoon donut batter into a zippered storage bag and cut a hole in the corner. Squeeze into the donut pans, filling each well ¾ full. This recipe makes about 14 donuts.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. They are finished when they are cooked through and dense to the touch.
- Cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat chocolate chips and cream together on the stove over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove to a shallow bowl or pie plate, and dip each donut to coat. Sprinkle with desired toppings.