Monday, February 15, 2016

Pinned It Made It Monday 2-15

I have a yummy recipe to share with you today for my PIMIM post. (yes I do pin and make more than food. Will have to share those sometime. LOL) 
 Today's pin is Two Minute Mug Brownie. So my SIL and I were chatting online and she sent me a link for foods you can make in a mug. I told her about my grandma and me making cake in a mug and how one year we mixed up a big batch of dry ingredients and then bagged them up with typed instructions and she added them to the multiple mugs she had and was trying to get rid of by giving her kids, grandkids and greatgrandkids a fun gift and treat. 

It's a nice way to have a little something to satisfy your sweet tooth without having the rest of a huge pan left over (not that that is always a BAD thing, unless your waistline says otherwise Ü).

I was telling her I had a board on Pinterest for "mug food" and decided to go and give one of them a try.



The recipe I chose calls for water, milk, or coffee. Coffee would have brought out the best flavor, but we don't drink it, so used water as that is what I use when I made homemade brownies and I was thinking the milk might make it more cake-y and I wanted brownie. 

I used Canola oil and added the pecans. I did have to cook mine for 1.5 minutes, but our microwave is VERY old and takes forever to just heat a cup of water.

I think I should try a mug a week. Ü Let me know if you have tried food in a mug and what your favorite is.

recipe via babble.com:


Two-Minute Mug BrownieAdapted from Instructables.com

1/4 cup all-purpose flour


1/4 cup packed brown sugar

2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder


Pinch salt


2 Tbsp canola or other mild vegetable oil


2 Tbsp milk, coffee or water


2 Tbsp chopped dark chocolate or chopped pecans (optional)


In a heatproof mug or ramekin, stir together the dry ingredients until no lumps remain. Stir in the oil and milk until you have a thick paste. Stir in the chopped chocolate or nuts, if you’re using them.


Microwave on high for a minute, checking it after 30 seconds (microwaves vary) – it will be done when it’s springy on top but still a bit gooey – like the very best brownie. Eat warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment