Thursday, March 26, 2015

Christina's Bridal Shower

As promised, here are pictures from the first shower...a bridal shower...for one of my oldest son's classmates. I ask each bride to be these questions: what are your colors, is there a theme...and as soon as they answer in my head I can see what it will look like and know what to do. Then I ask 2 more questions...any foods/flavors they do not like and what are some of their favorite foods/flavors. Then it just goes from there.

So here is Christina's info:
Color scheme: navy, coral, & yellow
Theme: romantic chic

I ♥ her color combo and knew exactly what I wanted to do, even down to the plates. LOL I also ask if they have a Pinterest account and go and look there for decorating ideas in case I was way off in what I thought they might like and also a great source for food ideas.

To begin with, I created this invite:

The shower information is on the back of the tag.

I created the tag holder from some linen paper from my local computer store using my Envelope Punch Board. The old lace and vintage seam binding is some I had in my stash.

To decorate, we used yellow table coverings. this made the room so bright and cheery on it's own! It was a beautiful sunny spring day (the day after the first day of spring) and was just perfect. I also chose yellow as the table covering color, because one of the other showers I will be hosting has yellow as one of the colors. I will be using a lot of the same items over whenever I can, but in a completely new way.

These were the decorations on each of the tables. I painted all the jars and then sanded them lightly over the words and embossed images. The flowers are loose in the jar so that I can use them again too. These flowers will be showing up again in 3 other showers.


The wood slices are being reused from what DH cut for me for my son and DIL's rehearsal supper. The dyed paper doilies and twig holders were reused from a banquet I was asked to decorate for last fall. And the pearls are from a shower I hosted last year. 

The quotes were all different on each table. Christina had a quote board on her Pinterest page, so I browsed there and picked out quotes to make it more personal to her. 



These square votive holders were reused from a friend's daughter's wedding. She let me borrow 6 of them for the shower and I will be using them again. The burlap is left over from my son and DIL's wedding and the yellow lace I got at a 5 and dime type of store for 50¢/yd. It took exactly one yard to do all 6 of the jars. I added tea lights and lit they created a pretty soft glow.

This was on the dessert table. The doilies are mine and the box is one my son made me. I usually have it turned the other way with jars inside with flowers at home. 

I found this coral bucket in the dollar section at Target. Perfect for not only this shower, but another one with coral as one of the colors. "She Said Yes" is a printable stamp from Cutting Cafe. The navy pretzels are pretzels I dipped with navy melting discs from Hobby Lobby. 

I'm NOT a shower game person! But this game was one that people could choose to play or not. Before Christina opened her gifts, the guests filled out each box with what they thought Christina would receive. Then as she opened the gifts, if what they wrote down was opened, they got to mark it off. The first person to get a "bingo" won THIS prize.

Also to add a little more color to the tables, I wrapped the yellow fork in the napkin and tied it with coral vintage seam binding. 

This was the table decorated just as the guests came in. 



I had seen these plates some time back on Pick Your Plum and contacted them to see if they still had them. They did and I was so excited to be able to get them as it was almost impossible to find coral plates anywhere!

This dessert is pound cake the bride's mother's recipe...I had had it before and it was so delicious, plus I was thinking "yellow" with peaches "coral" and blueberries "navy" for the color scheme. 

Under desserts on Christina's Pinterest page, she had this pinned TWICE, and she mentioned she liked chocolate and peanut butter, so I thought we should have two options. 




Here are links to inspiration and files for the shower and recipes:

invite: tag and holder
desserts: Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Dessert
Pound Cake with fresh frozen peaches and blueberries
navy covered pretzels
game: Blank Bingo Card Set by Cutting Cafe
pretzel tin: tin from Target $1 spot; I added twine; sentiment tag by Cutting Cafe printable set: Every Day Love Thoughts Mini Words

Pound Cake

2 sticks butter or marg (I used butter)
1/2 c. Crisco
3 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1 t. almond extract
5 eggs
1 c. milk
3 1/4 c. flour
1/2 t. baking powder

Cream butter, Crisco, and sugar. Add salt & almond extract. Add eggs, one at a time and beat until well mixed. Alternate milk and flour in small amounts at a time. Add baking powder. Place batter in well greased and floured loaf pans. Bake @ 300° for 1 hr 15 minutes. Makes 2 loaf pans.

Next week I will be sharing a baby shower that I'll be hosting this Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great, Debbie!!! So many cute ideas. I bet the bride to be loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,
    Hello! I subscribe to your blog and love it so much. Now, with the addition of your creative party ideas...well, I'm in heaven, lol!!! You are truly one multi-talented gal, and know that your blog readers are thankful for your kindness in sharing your beautiful ideas. Keep them coming!!! I don't write comments often, but I just had to let you know that your work is really outstanding. Also love the fact that you are able to keep costs down while creating such lovely party tables, decor and even recipes. LOVE IT ALL!!! Thanks so much! Seems to me that you are now officially a party planner!!! And such a gifted one...Again, heartfelt thanks for sharing your talents, Michelle W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,
    OOPS! I forgot to ask you in the above comments,...did you put a real candle inside the votive holder on each table? Or did you use the battery operated tea lights? Can you please explain, as it is a bit difficult to see what is inside of your lovely decorated votive holders. Thanks! Michelle W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Michelle said it all and I totally agree with her. You are now officially the queen of party planning and your ideas are just the best. I too love that you share all your great ideas and ways to keep costs down. I think what you do is fabulous and I love your recipes too!!!
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete